Unicharm Official Account Community Guideline
The Unicharm Official Account Community Guideline (hereinafter referred to as “this Guideline”) sets forth terms and conditions for those who use official accounts on social media that Unicharm Corporation (hereinafter “the Company”) operates and manages (hereinafter “this Account”). Please read this Guideline carefully before using this Account so as to facilitate better communications.
This Guideline applies to all of the Accounts operated and managed by the Company. However, if any other terms are stipulated by individual official accounts, such terms shall supersede this Guideline.
Access to Public Information
The Company may access information disclosed by you who follow this Account (user name, profile photo, sex, user ID, contributed contents, follower list, etc.). Upon following this Account, you will be deemed to have agreed to the Company's access to said information.
- When using this Account, you will not engage in the following acts or contribute the following content:
- Acts in violation of this Guideline, relevant terms of service including the terms of service and community guidelines of the respective social media;
- Fraudulent acts or any other acts in violation of the laws and regulations, etc. of Japan, and other applicable laws and regulations, etc. of other countries;
- Acts of infringement of intellectual property rights, privacy, or other rights and interests of the Company or any third party;
- Acts of contributing content, the nature of which is discriminatory, threatening, agitating, obscene, false, deceptive, slandering, vulgar, malicious, or otherwise causes trouble or disadvantages to others, or which is contrary to the public order and morality;
- Acts of using this Account for profit-making purposes or business purposes;
- Acts of using this Account for the purpose of political activities, religious activities, or election campaigns, etc.;
- Acts of contributing content aimed at criminal acts or promoting criminal acts;
- Acts of discrediting the Company or this Account;
- Acts of unlawfully obtaining the Company's confidential information or a third party’s personal information;
- Acts of impersonating a third party or the Company by unlawfully using a third party's email address, ID, or password, etc.;
- Acts of uploading harmful programs including computer viruses, or acts of utilizing external tools that bring normally unexpected effects (BOTs, cheat tools, etc.);
- Acts of repeatedly contributing content that is completely irrelevant to this Account;
- Acts of hindering other users’ access or constructive communications;
- Acts of giving benefit to antisocial forces, etc. directly or indirectly; and
- Acts of making preparations for, providing assistance for, or promoting the acts listed in the preceding items.
- Without any advance notification to users who have engaged in acts or contributed content listed in the above items, or who have engaged in acts or contributed content that the Company otherwise finds inappropriate, the Company may delete the content contributed by said users and restrict use of this Account by said users, or otherwise take measures that the Company finds to be appropriate.
- Content such as comments, images, and videos contributed by you (hereinafter “Your Content”) does not reflect the Company's philosophy and opinions. The Company assumes no liability for such content.
- The Company may repost Your Content on this Account. However, this must not be construed as the Company’s offering of its support of any kind to your account. Even if this Account follows another account, this must not be construed as the Company’s offering of its support of any kind to said account.
- The Company assumes no liability for any damage suffered by you or a third party arising from such Your Content or other trouble, etc. between you.
- The Company does not guarantee the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of information posted through this Account.
- The Company assumes no liability for any damage suffered by you arising from the use of, or the disabling of, this Account, unless such damage is caused by the Company's intentional act or negligence. Unless such damage is caused by the Company’s intentional act or gross negligence, the scope of the Company’s liability shall be limited to damage that directly, ordinarily, and actually has occurred.
- The Company is unable to respond to technical inquiries, etc. concerning the status of system operations of companies that operate the respective social media relevant to this Account, software, and application features, and the method of use thereof.
- Please note that the operation of this Account may be suspended or terminated without notice.
Rights Relating to Content
Copyright and Other Rights
All rights to content such as images, text, sounds, and programs that are posted through this Account or are displayed on this Account are owned by the Company or have been acquired from a third party who has granted a license to the Company. Therefore, content may not be used, copied, or redistributed without prior permission from the Company. However, content may be used if it is limited to individual use for non-profit purposes. This does not, however, guarantee that the use of content does not infringe third party rights.
All rights in relation to trade names, trademarks, and logos found on this Account are owned by the Company or a third party who has granted a license to the Company. These trademarks, etc. may not be used without prior permission from the Company. They also may not be used in meta tags or hidden text.
Rights Relating to Contributed Content
Copyrights relating to content that you contribute on this Account remain the same as before and belong to you or to a third party to whom they have granted copyrights. However, as a result of contributing content, you grants the Company or the Company’s group companies the right to freely use (including usage through alteration and translation) the content whether domestically or overseas, or irrespective of media or the method of use. Moreover, you will not exercise the moral rights of author with respect to the contributed content.
Notes Regarding Contributions
When contributing Your Content on this Account, you must make sure to contribute content for which you hold the copyright and other rights required for contributions. Please make sure to contribute content that does not infringe on any third party’s privacy, trade secrets, portrait rights, etc.
Revisions to this Guideline
This Guideline may be revised at any time as needed. Please refer to the updated version of this Guideline when using this Account. If any revision to this Guideline significantly affects you, the Company will establish a period of advance notification.
Governing Law and Agreed Jurisdiction
This Guideline shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of Japan. The Tokyo District Court shall be the agreed court of first instance with exclusive jurisdiction for any disputes in relation to the use of this Account.
Established on April 30, 2021