In preparation for the “Sustainability Report 2021”
This report has been prepared as Unicharm’s corporate sustainability which is embodied by our corporate philosophy, “NOLA & DOLA*”. Here, we will take a closer look at how we are working to practice “NOLA & DOLA” through our businesses. This year, we will issue a report on the four key initiative themes we revealed in October 2020 as part of “Kyo-sei Life Vision 2030” and, at the same time, strive to further improve the disclosure in the report from the view-point of ESG information disclosure with regard to our mindset and initiatives toward sustainability.
As for our global report, we refer to the UN Global Compact, GRI Guidelines and other sources throughout the whole report based on global societal demands. We will continue to accommodate the requests of our stakeholders to the greatest extent possible, therefore, we ask that you go through our “Integrated Report 2021” as well and provide whatever frank opinions and comments you may have.
* NOLA&DOLA “Necessity of Life with Activities & Dreams of Life with Activities”: Unicharm aims to provide all people, from newborn infants to the elderly, with products that provide mental and physical support through gentle care so that they may be free of their burdens to fulfill their dreams.
In the report, “Unicharm” refers to “Unicharm Group.” Company names are listed individually when there is a need to specify the scope. In addition, all data are shown on a consolidated basis of Unicharm Group companies. Details of companies mentioned in the environmental activity report can be found on the Unicharm website.
All Unicharm stakeholders inclusive of customers, shareholders, investors, business partners, employees and society in general
January 1 to December 31, 2020 (the report focuses on results from 2020 and includes some of the latest information from 2021)
Date of issue
April 2021 (the next edition is scheduled for publication in May 2022)
- “Sustainability” on the Unicharm website
- GRI Sustainability Reporting Standards
- “2018 Environmental Reporting Guidelines” of the Ministry of the Environment
- Fifth Assessment Report of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC)
- Annual report (World Energy Outlook) by the International Energy Agency (IEA)
Information Disclosure System
We disclose our financial and non-financial data through the following channels.
Unicharm Group Information Disclosure System